SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM
Congratulations on the birth of your new baby!!
Baptism is a great gift to give to your child. It welcomes them into the parish faith community founded on Christ’s love for us all. It is with great joy that all are invited into the family of the parish through baptism.
Each year about 200 baptisms take place in the parish. We are delighted with the opportunity this provides to meet with the families concerned and we work hard to ensure that the ceremony itself will be both relaxed and memorable for all.
Time of Baptism
Baptisms take place the first 3 weekends of each month
1.00pm 1st and 3rd Sunday
12.30pm 2nd Saturday
How to Book a Baptism
Bookings can be made between 10am and 1pm, Monday to Friday, at the Parish Office.
Bookings cannot be accepted by telephone or email. An application form will be given
to the parents.
Documentation / Requirements
- State Birth Certificate
- Application Form – must be completed in full. Legal names of all individuals – child,
parents/guardians and godparents must be used.
- Pre-Baptism Meeting – 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month.
This meeting with the Baptism Team is held in St. Patrick’s Pastoral Centre at 8 p.m.,
with registration at 7.45 p.m. Parents must attend this meeting. If, for any
reason, parents do not attend this meeting, the baptism is cancelled and
a new application is required.
- Both the State Birth Certificate and the Application Form are to be brought to the
- Letter of Permission – If living outside St. Patrick’s Parish, you will also need a letter
of permission from your own parish.
- must have made their Confirmation
- be committed to the practice of their faith
- attend the pre-Baptism meeting, if possible
There is a programme in the parish for the baptism of children who are older.
There is a RCIA programme for adults who wish to be baptised.
On the day of Baptism
Arrive 15mins before the start of the ceremony.